Re: Re: Dolly Bags

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on October 30, 2003 at 20:55:16:

In Reply to: Re: Dolly Bags posted by Hal Render on October 30, 2003 at 20:21:51:

Your experience sounds similiar to many others I have heard except for the extreme length of time it took. When I ordered my bags a couple of years ago it took much longer than promised, but once a reasonable amount of time had passed I started to call her at least once per week to remind her. I believe mine was promised in something like 4 weeks but took maybe 2-3 months.

As I said before she makes a great bag and I would still recommend her. I have a Dolly Bag for my F tuba and included my Dolly Yorkbrunner bag when I sold it. My MW 2000 has a Cronkite bag. I went with Cronkite because I always wanted to be cool and own a leather Reunion Blues gig bag since I was in high school, so I finally treated myself to one now that I am not way freakin poor like I was back then.

I like both of my bags, but for usefulness the Dolly Bag is better in my opinion. It is a top loader, which I prefer in case of zipper failures. The Dolly Bag also has 3 ways to carry it: vertical backpack style, horizontal sling for over the shoulder, and the usual horizontal handle carry. The Cronkite bag has the handle and the backpack straps. The Dolly Bag has the plastic inserts which are like body armor for your tuba. My Cronkite bag, being leather, I feel is just as durable in the protection category.

I am glad my F tuba bag has the sling for when I need to carry two horns. The CC on my back and the F over the shoulder. I still have 2 hands free to carry other things like a music bag and car keys.

Follow Ups: