Great Conn Orchestra Grand 34j relisted

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bob Pucci on September 26, 1999 at 18:35:06:

On behalf of fellow tuba player Bob Sacchi I have relisted his 34j Conn Orchestra Grand for sale on ebay. While some may have trepidations over the idea of acquiring a vintage horn let me say that this is an updated world class BBb --all the more special for its rarity. If you are considering the purchase of a large VMI, a Rudy or the 5/4 Willson you should consider this horn. Although the reserve is high, it is fair and reflects the price one might pay for the comparable aforementioned horns used. Bob Is also throwing a complete fifth valve assembly so that if the next owner should decide they want a fifth valve, they would only have to pay for labor. If you want to know more about the horn you may contact me by e-mail or speak to Bob at (914) 361-4038.

For those of you unfamiliar with the model it is a 6/4 four valve side action BBb with a .773 bore. The horn for sale has been updated witha new leadpipie and altered tubing configuration for the first valve to allow easy intonation correction. Bob also replaced the originall bell with a MW 2165 bell for a more compact sound. For the purist the original bell (23 inches) which is in excellent condition is also available.

If you are looking for a great large BBb it would be hard to do better.

Bob Pucci

Follow Ups: