Re: Re: Cherry Beauregard

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bryan on October 01, 1999 at 18:58:19:

In Reply to: Re: Cherry Beauregard posted by Tim Tsai on September 29, 1999 at 18:06:00:

Cherry actually retired in stages. He first left the Eastman Brass around 1991 and was replaced by nearby (Buffalo) Don Harry. He later retired from Eastman around '96 and was replaced temporarily by Don Harry. A year or so after that, he retired from the RPO and was eventually replaced by Jeff Anderson. During that same year, Don Harry won the permanent Eastman job beating out a number of VERY high profile applicants.

Cherry moved with his wife Sharon to Scottsdale, Arizona to retire - (after almost 40 years in Rochester, I think he deserved a little sun!). I'm not sure exactly how the Arizona job came to be, but I think they didn't find anybody to replace Hank Feldman and Cherry happened to "be in the neighborhood." Anyway, Cherry is a wonderful guy and now you can go study with him in sunny, warm Arizona for a fraction of the price that he would have cost you at Eastman. (not to mention frostbite!)

Bryan

Follow Ups: