Re: Hypothetical Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by tubagoo on September 04, 2000 at 09:52:15:

In Reply to: Hypothetical Question posted by Curious on September 03, 2000 at 21:23:10:

If you have enough money to pay your own tuition and you find a college and professor that will accept you as a perf. maj. then bammm there you are. I can think of more than a few players that started out unimpressive and ended up fine players. There are institutions around that need players and will accept a player of lesser ability.
My next opinion may be againts the grain. If you have no desire at all to teach at any level....then don't major in education. As a former education major I can tell you it is a huge work load. As a student you must meet the demands of the education department, and music educatin department and the music performance department. As a performance major there is always a bit of room for another elective if you wish to challenge yourself intellectually. More importantly there is time in your schedule to do all the things you need to do to be a better player and time to have that part time job that will give you other experiences and skills that you will need in the future to supplement your performance income when gigs are few and far between.
good luck

Follow Ups: