Re: Re: Re: Re: B.A.T.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by A Guy in CA on September 05, 2000 at 10:57:33:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: B.A.T. posted by A guy from VA on September 05, 2000 at 08:05:02:

Here-here! After switching to CC I was seriously missing my giant .890 bore BBflat Cerveny/Ziess, especially after doing Pines of Rome on my "5/4" horn and nearly passing out. NOW I know that I was (in part) "simply breathing correctly" - but I missed my larger horn which would have made it easier to fill the hall in support of the orch with extra brass. This puzzled me because the horn worked just fine for me doin Bruckner 4 a couple months earlier. Anyway, I wound up with a "true" "BAT" later and I couldn't be happier with it. The simple assumption that folks use larger equipment to blast IS "simple", and one step removed from "stupid." Sometimes we joke about BATS being howitzers and all, but there is no point in denigrating equipment because it may be being used poorly or in a manner you disagree with. "BATS don't kill people, people kill people." "If BATS are outlawed only outlaws will have BATS."

Follow Ups: