TubaMeisters music on ebay

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on September 07, 2000 at 09:45:04:

Well, lookee what I just found!

I have no relationship to the seller, but the arranger is a good friend and is playing at my wedding next week. And I think I could still run most of these arrangements off the top of my head--at least the third part.

The seller has up for bid the complete TubaMeisters collection, which includes some great arrangements of unusual polkas (The Kiss Polka, for example), solid arrangements of old favorites, and useful easier fillers that work well for dancing or interacting with a beer-tent crowd. The Clarinet Polka arrangement features the first euphonium. Play it up to tempo, and it's harder than the Grade 4 listed. Some of the third parts I would say are on the hard end of Grade 4, mostly because of the range. But no college tuba quartet, or even serious amateurs, should have any trouble with any of these. And many of them are easily accessible to younger players.

This is a complete beer-tent set-in-a-box for tuba quartet. Most of these tunes were arranged for the TubaMeisters during their 1992 season at Fiesta Texas theme park in San Antonio.

Rick "ex-TubaMeister" Denney

Follow Ups: