Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seattle

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe Baker on September 13, 2000 at 12:05:55:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seattle posted by Ike H. on September 13, 2000 at 01:11:53:

Nothing wrong with looking up to Self, Johnson, et al. But you've got a lot of gall to look DOWN on someone who is doing ANY honest work. If you drive a car or eat you should consider yourself beholden to those car welders and burger flippers. After all, I sometimes go days at a time without listening to a tuba player, but I drive my car and eat just about every day!

I know you are passionate about your music, and I am glad. I am also. But I am also passionate about my integrity, about my faith, about my family's welfare. All of these things make me passionate about my work, whether it's playing a horn or flipping a burger!

BTW, ask anyone on here if they've EVER known me to be bitter about pro musicians. I am not. I am the first to agree that the best musicians should make more than the good. I'm great with that! I am, however, deeply insulted at the notion that musicians are the only profession that puts heart and soul into their work. I again respectfully ask Doug to reconsider his statement.

Follow Ups: