Re: Re: Re: Re: Mason SOM, Rutgers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott Mendoker on September 16, 2000 at 04:20:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Mason SOM, Rutgers posted by Pete on September 15, 2000 at 19:07:22:

Hi Pete -
Only kidding about the "watching" comment! I have been fortunate to have had many fine players come thru my studio. They work hard and seem to be successful once they leave me - again, more to their credit than mine.

I treat everyone the same - music ed. or performance. They have to cover the same material, take the same ensemble auditions, play the same juries. Juniors have to play at least a half recital - seniors play a full one. These are MY requirements, not the school's - although performance majors have to do a senior recital anyway. Graduate students follow a more strict protocol.

There are currently 2 bands (3 after marching season), 2 orchestras (a rep orchestra will be starting up soon, so we'll have 3 orchestras), tuba ensemble and 2 brass choirs plus quintets. The Wind Ensemble has a recording contract with Mark Records and is really quite good as is the top orchestra.

If you e-mail me privately, I can give you some e-mails of students who are no longer at Rutgers - but whom I've paid lots of money to say nice things about me!!?

Seriously - good luck with everything and feel free to contact me with any questions.

Scott Mendoker
mendokertuba(AT)aol.com

Follow Ups: