Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Willson 3050

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on September 21, 2000 at 07:37:14:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Willson 3050 posted by Joe S. on September 21, 2000 at 00:57:05:

A very nice sounding project! Best of luck to you. Your reasoning makes sense to me for what that is worth. I sold an old York 4/4 BBb Master model to get the money to purchase my current Rudy 4/4 CC back when I was a freshman in college. I ran into the new owner a few years later (at the Birmingham audition). Rusk had cut the horn and put on a one piece bell that sounds very similar to what you're doing because the horn had a really short look to it. He let me play a couple of notes on the new instrument and I remember it having a very overtone rich sound but the intonation was really bad. Also, some of the notes were nearly uncenterable. I remember thinking that I had dodged a major bullet on that one because if I hadn't sold the horn, I would have cut it into a CC and kept it instead of my Rudy. If you can achieve that rich sound without finding a bunch of intonation problems and out of center partials, you might really have something there. Good luck and keep us posted!

Follow Ups: