Re: Beginner F Tuba Book?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Martin on September 25, 2000 at 12:49:40:

In Reply to: Beginner F Tuba Book? posted by F Tubist Wana-Be on September 24, 2000 at 09:00:37:

When I first started learning F, my teacher and I used a sort of two pronged approach. The first was to do etudes that I already knew on CC (Rochut/Bordogni, Tyrell, Rubank, etc) as has already been recommended to you. The other side of the approach revolved around the introduction of new material, specifically the first book in the "Kaliedoscope" series by Giles Senon. If memory serves it is published by King/LeDuc. The interesting thing about the Senon etudes is that they seem to be written for the French tenor tuba in C, so they get you up in the higher range of the horn. None of the etudes in the first book go higher than an F above middle C, and for the most part they in the octave from middle C down to the C or D below it. Highly recommended, very musical, and somewhat challenging from a high register perspective, but they get you in that range where the F tuba really shines. Hope this helps!

Martin

Follow Ups: