Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contra tubas?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ryan on September 25, 2000 at 19:05:22:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contra tubas? posted by Leland on September 25, 2000 at 16:56:21:

Marching Tubas, Sousaphones, and Contra's are all 3 diff. things. These posts make them all sound the same, Marching Tubas are exactly what they are called concert tubas that have a detachable leed pipe that makes it so you can put it on your shoulder and march with it. Sousaphones I dont think I need to give an explanation of, and Contra's are completely diff. from marching tubas and sousaphones, the contra's they use in DCI are 6/4 horns that weigh about 50 pounds and are in the key of G, unless you march the cadets or carolina crown, because they are wimps and use the 4/4 marching tubas (dont quote me on crown I was told my a contra player in regiment that crown uses tubas) and the blue devils went to instruments in B flat like the cadets. As for the price of contra's my friend from the across town band went to BOA grand nationals last year and said that they had some for sale and were about $15,000. For your band having them I dont know its up to your band director and if the students can march with them, I wish we had contra's ide do anything to march a few times with those. thanks -Ryan

Follow Ups: