Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How much difference is there..........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by pfft on September 28, 2000 at 23:35:54:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How much difference is there.......... posted by Benade-boy on September 27, 2000 at 01:57:33:

maybe I AM not hearing what you are saying. You are refusing to consider any way of looking at music apart from your (rather patronizing) penchant for uniformity and sameness. You may have a few more laps around the apple orchard, but maybe I learned laps from the flip side (it is still the same coin!!!) It may be true that definitions need to imply generally the same understandings, but don't even try to tell me that "warm" has the same meaning to the tubist in Avery Fisher Hall as it does in Davies as it does in Royal Albert. If you sir are about what it takes to be one of those "with gigs that are in halls" then great for you, I trust you are happy! I have a well-paying day gig that affords me enough time for lessons, equipment, and an occasional night/weekend gig. I would never trade places with you (nor do I suspect you'd swap your esteemed hall gig for my six-figures) REGARDLESS of what hall you work in. Thankfully also I shall never have to dupe myself into thinking my professionalism is better than your musicality.

Follow Ups: