Re: Re: Re: Re: Manhattan School of Music ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason Ladd on September 30, 2000 at 17:08:27:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Manhattan School of Music ? posted by scott on September 30, 2000 at 14:53:19:

Scott,

There are some teachers who are able to handle teaching at numerous schools and there those who aren't. As I stated earlier, Toby had taught at three highly reputable schools for years and, as far as I know, there hasn't been any trouble with it. When I went to Eastman there were a number of professors who worked there only once or twice a week. A number of them were the most concerned about their students in how they were doing in classes and emotionally. I think high enough of Toby's teaching that it is worth a little inconvenience. Besides, I know lots of teachers who show up to work everyday who are incompotent. Being in New York there are numerous players one could study with once in a while to get a different prospective (Warren Deck, Pasquale Landolffi, Scott Mendoker, Chris Hall, etc.)
I felt that I had to post a response to an attack on one of the most accomplished living tuba teachers in the country.

Follow Ups: