Re: Manhattan School of Music ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gray Bach on October 01, 2000 at 21:58:12:

In Reply to: Manhattan School of Music ? posted by Tim C on September 29, 2000 at 19:39:39:

This is not really answering your question, but it irks me to see some of the responses I've seen. I think that, based on the kind of people that usually answer posts of this nature (People who are ignorant, in this case, of Mr. Hanks' disease, or people who have minimal or second-hand knowledgbe of his teaching situation), that maybe one whould ask privately for students of Mr. Hanks for a private referral. This 1) saves embarrassment for Mr. Hanks, who may or may not be on the list to defend himself against someone who won't even sign his name to his opinion, and 2) Usually (At least in my case) only the most serious ones take the time to respond privately. I also don't know if we really need to have a scenario whereby students who can "talk the talk" but haven't "walked the walk" yet in a pro's shoes should be criticizing any professional at all. It is a lot easier to say something about someone if you don't have to go through what he's gone through. Just my $.02. Gray Bach, Tennessee Tech University

Follow Ups: