Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finale 2001

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sibeli-ite on September 02, 2001 at 18:22:33:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Finale 2001 posted by I've got both. on September 02, 2001 at 18:13:00:

What are the differences between Finale 2000 and Finale 2001?

My freshman year of college I had a scholarship as an apprentice to a rather well known band composer. My main duty was to take his scores, and computerize them(as he did everything with ink and paper). I spent the first half of the first semester learning how to use Finale. The second half painstakingly inputting handwritten scores into the computer, and on the Phone with Finale technicians finding out that Finale wasn't capable of doing what I needed it to do.

Around Christmas time, I acquired Sibelius v1.1. It took me probably about 1 evening of using Sibelius to figure out how to do everything that I could and couldn't do in Finale(pre-Finale2000 Finale), which I'd been using for about 30-50 hours a week for the previous 5 months.

Finale2000 I like a lot better, but for the Finished Product Finale2000 just can do some of the things that Sibelius can. School starts for me on Tuesday, and maybe I'll get my hands on a copy of Finale2001.

(any opinions on Igor?)

Follow Ups: