Seating Question Part II

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy Smith on September 05, 2001 at 22:38:22:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank all of you for your responses on my anonymous posting. I really appreciate all the information you've given me. I've decided that you are all right and I'm not going to go forward with what my professor wanted me to do. Here are some clarifactions for you though:

1) The reason I'm not in orchestra all 4 blocks is because I'm the 2nd tubist for fall semester (next block we're doing Rite of Spring) and the 1st for spring.

2) It was not my tuba professor who asked me to talk to the conductor, it was another professor who shall remain nameless.

3) The tubist in the orchestra playing SF is using a Cervany 5/4 CC. If I was in there, I'd definately use my 621 F as that, to my ear, is what I want SF to sound like.

Thank you all again for your help. The conductor gave me a very clear explanation as to why he choose what he did, and I accept his decision. I really didn't want to go through with anything at the time I found out about this, but I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing. Thanks for the clairification.

Sincerely,

Andy Smith
Bassdi(AT)aol.com
Tubist at Ithaca College

Follow Ups: