Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seating Question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on September 06, 2001 at 17:12:10:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seating Question posted by Carl on September 06, 2001 at 15:17:46:

Carl: It surpassed the not too narrow scope of my imagination, that my disrespect for you as a person could decrease furtherly.

I do not doubt your capabilities as a tubist, as you are in the ensemble of Howard Johnson, who I think extremely highly of, not only as a tubist, but as a musician. I do not doubt your capabilities as a low brass (re-)constructor/designer, provable by an inquiery, if you would build an instrument for me (your refusal, which was general, hence not personal, was fully understood and accepted by me). I have studied so much of musicology, including readings of original Berlioz texts (albeit in translations to my own language and to German in the version of the "Traité d´instrumentation" that Richard Strauss augmented with his comments), that I find your postings on this thread valid, relevant, and important.

For the information of the readers of this board I can say, that our differences stem from another tuba/euph forum, which by pure statitics delivered by YahooGroups has dwindled in public interest, as far as a such an entity is measurable in ## of postings, since I decided to stop posting anything but answers to questions from people badly needing answers in the area, where I peeked through my pro music career: starting beginners in brass, so they never forgot their elementaries like sound, intonation, flexibility, balance, dynamic spanwith, phrasing, sense of ensemble, and the general concept, that ones listeners will never receive a musical message, if no message has been thought of in the brain of the performer. Always fighting limiting economic frames to get the best possible instrument and the most extended time of personal instruction for any student.

Funnily you seem to have left the same forum not much later than me, at least as a contributor. I have no idea, whether you are still a member of the lacking mind threatheners, which have run that potentially great forum downhills.

Any sane person with a minimum of good will would have realised, that I distanced myself from the idea of employing the French C tubas as executors of the ophicleide parts in the SF. Implicitely from the very idea, explicitely from a statistical point of view.

While I am typing this, I have read incoming postings from SD and RD, who with personal integrety and abilities of faithful reading have validated my previous paragraph.

Carl! I think we should make a deal:

If I stay away from challenging you as a tubist (which is a very easy task for me), then you stay away from challenging my spanwith and integrity as a person (which should be an equally easy task for you).

Cease of fire from my side!

Klaus

Follow Ups: