Gotta ask a repair question for the tech

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay on September 08, 2001 at 00:33:07:

Ok, so I loaned my hardshell case for my Wilson 2950 Euph to my dad (I have several dent bags and since it was summer and I didn't have any gigs lined up) to put a Besson Sov. in while it went to the shop. When it came back I went to my dads high school bandroom to pick up the case and one of these repairpersons interns used a (AT)#$^ screwdriver to pry open the little combination lock. Now, normally this wouldn't be a big deal BUT, if anyone has ever dealt with the deluxe Wilson Euph case they know that the area around the combination lock is not that strudy. Well,you geussed it, the whole top of the case is broken in addition to the rubber "moulding" around the outside of the case and the case cover (don't ask... I have no idea). This was a new (used 2 times) case before this idiot repairperson got it. My question is this, what recourse do I have for getting a case out of this moron. My dad said that he will get me one if she doesn't but that will have to come out of his band budget and as we all know public band budgets aren't that big anyway. PLUS, its a matter of principle and this rude &^%($ won't even return my calls.

Is there something that can be done about this. No work order was ever signed by anyone. SO "technically" I never authorized them to break the case (cause you know a phone call to get the combination would have been too easy) or relased them from any liability. Is it assumed that if somthing happens like this in a repair shop that the customer is out of luck?

I know it it a long post but it is part rant, and part question. I live in Ga. and while I am not going to slam this person on the board, if anyone wants this persons name, email me in private. Makes me glad I got into next years class at Red Wing.

Thanks for your patience,
Jay

Follow Ups: