Re: Alex 163 question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on September 08, 2001 at 19:44:14:

In Reply to: Alex 163 question posted by Steve Inman on September 08, 2001 at 19:09:31:

Considering your your latest two postings, you are quite close. A bit of combinatory thinking could have brought you almost all the way through.

Of course it is Chuck(G) who kindly hosts my scannings of some Conn and Alexander catalogue pages. Linked to below.

If it was not for my refusal to learn HTML, I actually could post scans of older catalogues from B&H/Besson, B&S/Weltklang, Yamaha, and probably others of some interest. My collection is neither systematic nor complete, mostly voluminuos. I simply have grabbed, what I came across. Some females of the mother/wife types have had a tidying up (read: reductive) influence, so my collecting activities in the 60-ties are no longer documentable. I sadly miss the last B&H/Besson catalogue with both low and high pitch instruments, the last King catalogue with double bell euphs, and the last Holton catalogue with their special short/fast action pistons (the latest documention of these pistons was a sousa auction from Harvs Happy Horns).

Actually I have 3 accounts giving me free server space, but I do not know how make use of it.

Oh, what a digression!

Klaus

Follow Ups: