Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your ultimate horn collection

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Denney on September 10, 2001 at 11:10:26:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Your ultimate horn collection posted by Klaus on September 10, 2001 at 10:26:01:

I liked Chuck's post, too, and agreed with it in large measure. But I have read literature which uses the term "automatic compensation" to describe Blaikely and "manual compensation" to describe slide triggers. I think that was the terminology in use at the time Marzan designed his instruments, and hence why he might insist that the term is correct today.

I'm suggesting that we often use the terms to define the instruments, when, in fact, the instruments define the terms. I'm not suggesting that we broaden the currently accepted definition of "compensation" as "Blaikely automatic compensation," but that we understand when our elders use terms in different ways than we expect.

Rick "who would not be surprised if DEG's terminolgy differed from Dr. Marzan's" Denney

Follow Ups: