Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Colorado anyone??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.C. on September 13, 2001 at 09:19:32:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Colorado anyone?? posted by On what basis on September 12, 2001 at 22:14:11:

These comments are central to the issue of auditions. No matter how much practice some players put in and no matter how good they sound according to a teacher, sometimes the deck is just stacked against them.

Thanks to Mr. Denney who says that "businesses" do this all the time. By the way, he is correct. Does that make it ethical or honest?

However, honesty and truthfulness goes to the very core of a persons character. Just think, if you got your job or a bid, in business or music, in this manner how likely are you to hire the next person or firm the same way? This type of ethics feeds on itself. I still believe a person or business should be hired on the basis of "the best choice" for the job and not on any other basis.

Does this mean I will not ever audition again? Absolutely not! Somewhere there is a committee of persons who believe the same way I do and who want their ensemble to be totally honest and ethical and who want the "best" players around in all sections. Am I misguided? Naive? Perhaps, but as long as there is HOPE, life continues.

Follow Ups: