Re: Re: Removable Bell CCs, Part II

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chuck(G) on September 15, 2001 at 10:10:59:

In Reply to: Re: Removable Bell CCs, Part II posted by Charlie Krause on September 15, 2001 at 09:04:01:

Bell size: 19"
Bore 0.750"
Height 37.5"

I haven't weighed it yet, but "feel in the lap" is very much like Rick D's York Master--i.e. heavy. Which would figure, as this is another Boehm and Meinl-made horn, including the long pinky stretch to the 4th valve. The adjustable finger ring's going take some work though as it seems to get in the way of the 5th valve trigger no matter how I position it. I suspect it was never used as it's not worn at all.

It plays like a 5/4--a huge sound, with a very open low register. All slides including the main can be reached with the left hand from the top. I'm still running through the intonation checkout, but it seems to be pretty good so far--nothing really sticks out as being unmanageable.

Personal note: With the events of the last week, I haven't felt like playing much. But last night, I remembered how therapeutic playing can be and how music can work wonders for a sore spirit. The hours just flew by and I got a decent night's sleep for the first time in a week.

Follow Ups: