Re: BBb vs. CC (C) - not the usual debate

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Doc on October 01, 2001 at 12:54:02:

In Reply to: BBb vs. CC (C) - not the usual debate posted by Dan Mordhorst on September 30, 2001 at 15:21:24:

I play both CC and BBb. I personally like the way the CC sounds with trombones in the orchestra. BBb sounds better with polka music. I can move the slides and play the CC in tune precisely. The BBb I can play relatively in tune. As far as sound characteristics, the
BBb seems to have a broader sound, although the CC has plenty of breadth. If I could afford a Yorkbrunner, after having played on one, I could have a happy marriage of the two. It really boils down to how you sound. Do you sound great? Is the sound you make appropriate for the group/conditions in which you are playing? A lot of this rests on the individual's choices. For orchestra, for tuning and sound char. purposes, it's the CC for me. Then there is the debate over piston or rotary, American or German... any combination of all factors can blow your mind. When I bought my horns, I tried out many until I found "the sound". Good luck.

Follow Ups: