Re: Miraphone Front-action Piston BBb?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Walters on September 05, 2002 at 08:05:02:

In Reply to: Miraphone Front-action Piston BBb? posted by Roger M. on September 05, 2002 at 06:53:02:

Roger,
Just got my first shipment last month. They are much better than the prototype I played at ITEC. The response between the individual valves is better (Doesn't sound like a different horn depending on which valve is down.)than that horn. They are also using a more responsive taper in the leadpipe. Cleaner articulation was needed as that is a very large bore piston tuba. The 5th valve works nicely. A premium BBb tuba like this is not cheap, but if you want to have something fancier than the rest of the gang, give this one a chance. I personally think it has better intonation and response than the VMI 3302. If I was looking for a 5 valve piston BBb, this would be my choice of what's out there. In a four piston valve, I would still go with the King 2341. Anyway, when you think that a tuba like this can last 30 plus years between overhauls, what's a little more to get the horn you really like best. Like always, what is best for someone else is not automatically the best for you. Try the horns for yourself.

You can always plan a trip to NYC and stop in at Dillon Music. Call and we can help you get cheaper lodging than if you stayed in the City. A round trip train ride from Woodbridge, NJ to NYC is cheaper than NYC parking for the day.
Matt

Follow Ups: