Re: Helicon tubas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Klaus on September 09, 2002 at 18:45:37:

In Reply to: Helicon tubas posted by Tim on September 08, 2002 at 09:04:38:

We all have a great friend on this board, hardly known due to the modesty of his great personality.

However Jan Lybeck, living in the greater Gothenburg area in Sweden, and I have exploited the benefits of being able to read each others languages for some wonderful exchanges of thoughts and experiences.

We in Denmark have one re-enactment band emulating the old 8th regiment band. Musically not too bad. Historically disastrous, as they use French horns en lieu of valved alto trombones (the instrument I was started out on back in 1960). If I ever were to apply for a spot in this band, I would take either my Bach 39 or my Conn 36H. All of you of course a very familiar with these two models.

Jan is a member of a much more faithful Swedish re-enactment band. I hope, that he will tell of it himself, or that he will let me translate one of the mails, that I should have stored somewhere on my hard disk.

Initiated by this current thread, Jan authorised me to "broadcast" the picture here above.

His mail says, in Swedish:

Denna helicon, Cerveny från 50-talet, kaiser, har en en ganska stark och
fyllig ton. Vi använder den mest utomhus.

Du får gärna visa bilden för våra vänner på Tube Net, om det går.

Which would say something like this in English:

This helicon, a Cerveny from the fifties, Kaiser, has a fairly strong and full sound. We mostly use it in the open air.

You are welcome to display the picture for our friends at the TubeNet, if you can manage to do so.

I hope that I managed.

Klaus

Follow Ups: