Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slide triggers on a Getzen

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jay Bertolet on September 11, 2002 at 10:06:07:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Slide triggers on a Getzen posted by Hey, Jay on September 11, 2002 at 09:29:57:

I do have a digital camera but I don't have access to webhosting space (or if I do, I'm not savvy enough to know it) to post the picture for everyone to view. I could certainly email the photo to you if I had your email address. Just let me know and I can snap a photo (not that discussion again!) and send it off.

What's really nice about Lee's solution is that it keeps the horn very nearly original. My intention after buying the horn was two-fold: convert the 5th valve to the right hand and shorten the valve tubing to a long whole-step configuration. I consulted with the factory and they suggested (as did a couple of other folks I spoke with) replacing the original valve with a new factory replacement. Nobody suggested any acceptable way to convert the existing valve to what I wanted. Even Lee was initially thinking this would be how he'd proceed. But he figured out a way to build a new linkage setup that worked on the existing valve and he was able to trim the overall valve tubing to a long whole-step. Like I said, Lee's a real wizard and what he came up with is pretty slick.

My opinion for what it's worth...

Follow Ups: