Re: our favorite young players?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andy on September 15, 2002 at 11:13:28:

In Reply to: our favorite young players? posted by nosy on September 12, 2002 at 20:26:42:

One of my friends that I'm in highschool with is very talented. We are both on the same level of playing ability. He is a junior this year and I'm a sophmore. He has made red All-State Band every year he has gone. His name is Derek Fenstermacher. He's a very good musician. He also plays with me in the jazz band. Last year our band went to North Sea Jazz Festival over in Europe. I didn't go, but I'm sure he had a good time. He plays trombone in the jazz band and I play bass. I think we are both going to the Bands of America Honor Band this year. He played V.Williams Concerto Mvt.1&2, and I play Air & Bouree, and Introduction and Dance. We both are doing very well right now and I think we will both make an impact for tuba players in the future. We are both in the youth symphony here in Huntsville,AL. Soon, I plan on getting some pieces together and making a recording. Hopefully, I will be writing some tuba duets for the both of us, and I will put those on the CD. If I ever get it put out, tell me if you want a copy and I'll get you one. Thanks for listening.

Andy

Follow Ups: