Re: Now, that's sad...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy Mac Iver on September 25, 2002 at 21:06:39:

In Reply to: Now, that's sad... posted by Dan Schultz on September 25, 2002 at 13:17:29:

Hey Dan,

It is great to see that your Band is doing well. I remmember a few years back when you were looking for constitution ideas from the concert band community at large.
The Band that I play with had the distinct honor to play at a memorial service for 9/11 that was also broad cast on the local AM radio staion WNPV 1440. Though the music we played was made up of the usual things coming out of the summer concert season our performance of said music was definitely above the norm. The audience was full and deeply appriciative of our show and the mix was from youngsters to very old timers. Being so close to both the plane crashes we have many in the community that had family involved in both the crashes in New York and Pennsylvania.
Trying not to mix words I must say that this is without a doubt the best and most responsive audience our band has ever performed for. We could not have asked for better and I can only hope our performance helped them remmember why we are Americans and how it stays altogether. There is a time to greave and a time to rejoice. I try to keep to the later and remmember to be thankful for all I have been blessed with. This may also sound simple but I am and always will be proud to be an American for better or worse cuase I am in it for the long haul. I hope every one had as much luck as our band did. I would not expect a High School band to be prepared for such a concert but more appropriately a football game or band competion........Gotta love it when you have 6 high quality tuba operators in your band.....it sure makes things fun!
Randy Mac Iver

Follow Ups: