Re: Re: Jabba the hut tuba solo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott on September 29, 2002 at 14:13:16:

In Reply to: Re: Jabba the hut tuba solo posted by tubajake on September 29, 2002 at 11:14:45:

An abbreviated version of the solo can be heard in the Special Edition of Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope. There is an added scene in which Jabba the Hutt makes an appearance with Han Solo at the Mos Eisley spaceport. It was cut from the original movie when it was released in 1977.

It should be noted that there is a much more complete version of the solo in Episode 6: Return of the Jedi, but neither is the verison available through Dave Kirk. Dave's is a concert version of the theme from an orchestral suite that John Williams arranged from the music of Return of the Jedi. Dave had a piano player transcribe/arrange a piano part from the original orchestration, which he sends when you ask him for a copy. It is my opinion that the piano part that was transcribed is not very accurate, and I'm currently working on a new version for piano and tuba that better reflects the original accompaniment. If anybody is interested in this, or an arrangement for brass quintet, email me.

Follow Ups: