My poor old Alexander............

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brendan Bohnhorst on September 29, 2002 at 21:35:59:

First Off, I am sorry about the vent. And for those of you that don't know me I am a music major at GVSU.

This afternoon when I went over to the Music Building to practice for a few hours, I noticed that there was a banquet in the Band Room. (I don't know why, it makes no sense to me either.) As I walked by, I thought it was odd but that was all. When I got to the instrument storage room that my tubas are locked up in it was already unlocked. Not uncommon if another low brass person is around but no one was. Anyway it was open and when I walked in there was my 40 year old Alexander F tuba, still sitting next to my Miraphone 188. Both were right where I had left them. Which is unfortunate seeing as one of the Food service IDIOTS decided that they would set a hard case containing a friends 186-5U on top of my tubas. The result is a huge dent in the leadpipe of my Alex F. This horn was in fabulous shape other than laquer wear that you can expect from approx. 40 years of playing. The only good news that I have is that my 188 is fine. So now I will be without a good Quintet/solo/High Orchestral tuba for awhile.

Sorry for the vent but it is nice to be part of a comunnity that can understand.

Brendan Bohnhorst

P.S. The horn will be fixed to my satisfaction or replaced by one that is comperable from the buget of the food service. I just have to wait and see how the horn turns out.

Follow Ups: