Re: Tuba playing in church

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Sturgeon on October 01, 2002 at 01:47:52:

In Reply to: Tuba playing in church posted by Chris on September 30, 2002 at 22:04:16:

In the past two weeks I used the 1st mvmt of the Sonata in Eb by J.S. Bach and the Curnow arrangement of Amazing Grace. The Bach is the Floyd Cooley arrangement and it worked very well. Check out Doug Yeo's web site (www.yeodoug.com). He has a section with an extensive list of sacred works for bass trombone along with the arranger and publisher's addresses. I've used several of these on F tuba and most of them lay very nicely in the F tuba range. Also if you are looking for Christmas solo material, check out the Canadian Brass's Intermediate Solo Christmas arrangements with piano accompaniment. They are written in the contrabass tuba range, however I think that they sound much better an octave up on bass F tuba. The arrangements are very, very nice and also come with a CD recording with tuba and piano, and just piano. I've even played these outside Wal Mart next to the Salvation Army bell ringer using my boom box.
I hope this helps some.

KS

Follow Ups: