Re: weird stuff for sale

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by js - one more thing on September 05, 2003 at 17:23:39:

In Reply to: weird stuff for sale posted by js on September 05, 2003 at 16:59:08:

Besson THREE valve compensating euphonium

ugly finish but no dents (except a few pings in the bottom bow cap that aren't deep enough to make it through to the actual bottom bow)...If someone is reeeeeeally picky, I have a new Besson bottom bow cap that I can sell to the buyer for $20 extra (but I don't want to install it)...11" heavy brass upright bell is unlacquered...mouthpiece receiver has been changed out to more player-friendly "large shank"...main slide water key & #1 slide water key...nice used replacement case in fine shape...6-1/2AL large shank mouthpiece included...

BEST ATTEMPT TO EXPLAIN WHAT A 3-VALVE EUPHONIUM IS: Though rare these days, 3-valve compensating euphoniums potentially play better in-tune than 4-valve compensating instruments because the problems of the 1-3, 2-3, 1-2-3 valve combinations are addressed, rather than (as the 4-valve compensating) only truly addressing intonation problems below the normal range of the instrument. On the other hand, "low E" is the bottom limit of the range of a 3-valve instrument (except for the "fundamental" [double-low Bb, etc.] range).

pre-auction block price for tubenet: $750

Follow Ups: