Re: tuba models

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Alan Herold on September 09, 2003 at 18:54:36:

In Reply to: tuba models posted by stacey brown on September 08, 2003 at 20:38:57:

It seems to me that if I were buying a tuba for a loved one, I'd REALLY like to see the surprise on their face when they realized what they were getting. So, here's what I recommend...

Call The Brasswind and ask to talk to Jack Saltzman. He's their "tuba guy". 1-800-348-5003. They have a wide selection and he might be able to work something out where you can buy a horn to surprise your husband, then he can exchange it later. This way, you don't have to tell us what your budget is, and let me tell you, we get viscious when it comes to recommending (or preferably discrediting) brands of tubas!

Other good shops where they may work with you in this manner would be listed in Sean's "Shops" page (link below). Some, listed on another post, are Dillon's & Baltimore Brass. I'll also recommend Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center (301-946-8808 http://www.wmcworld.com/). I bought my horn from then at a fantastic price. I've also dealt with them professionally through the military and have always had good horns and good prices from them. I believe that they may be bargained with if you find a better price.

Have fun!

Follow Ups: