Condensed Version

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Reader's Digest on September 12, 2003 at 12:53:57:

Hi. I've been studying this website for several years, and have gleaned the following summations. Please help me with the TRVTHs that I missed...

- Tubas with valves on the top aren't very good.
- Baritones with valves on the front aren't very good.
- If a baritone has an extra bell - or has rotary valves and is oval in shape, it's OK to call it a "euphonium".
- An instrument coated with silver is "professional".
- The size, length, and valve configuration of an instrument are far more important than its intonation tendencies.
- Piston valves play with a "dark" sound, and rotary valves play with a "bright" sound.
- People who play BBb tubas are terribly annoyed with those who do not.
- Only the misinformed use cases, and if an instrument gets damaged while in a bag, it is due to the fact that the price of the bag is too low.
- Five and six valve tubas are a ridulous waste of time and money...Only woodwind players are smart enough to mash more than three buttons.
- A seven valve tuba is the only tuba that can be played very fast and perfectly in tune.
- Nothing is as good as it used to be, and nothing made in the past was very good.
- Tuba players aren't as good as they used to be, and tuba players of the past don't hold a candle to today's tuba players.
- "Hand-made" and "prototype" tubas play much better than subsequent versions. Manufacturers make production models bad on purpose because of their anti-tuba players conspiracy.

Follow Ups: