Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Poll: What is on your stand right now?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. T. PC on September 23, 2003 at 17:57:15:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Poll: What is on your stand right now? posted by Doug on September 23, 2003 at 09:45:53:

I paid $1400 for my setup, but you could get something that would serve this afformentioned purpose for easily $500 less. You could also easily pay $500 more and get something even nicer!

I can't speak for the legitimacy of the PDFs, as I'm not a lawyer.. though I did scan most of them myself. I have no moral qualms about that, as I own the pieces and I'm not selling the PDFs(or the physical copies I scanned). I'm also not sharing the PDFs anymore than I share the physical pieces(with one exception). Some of the PDFs I purchased- the Gordon Cherry excerpts, for example. "The Bill Evans Fakebook" is also available in PDF format from the publisher(I've been told that subsequent printings may include a CD with the entire book in Adobe format).

I'd love to see publishers offering digital copies of their publications. I read on the tubenet of one publisher offering digital publications of some of their permanently-out-of-print works, which I think is fantastic! Once print becomes digital, though, we have the same copyright issues to deal with that we had with Napster, so I'm not holding my breath on that.

Follow Ups: