Tubajoe on the Radio

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by joe exley on September 27, 2003 at 04:03:06:

Greetings from the Apple...

A few things of note:

---------------------

On Wed, October 1st, from 4-5PM, I will be playing LIVE on the radio on WKCR 89.9 FM in NYC in an impromptu free-improv duo alongside young free-jazz lion tubist Jesse Dulman. (I’ll be on CC and he will be on Eb) He and I will be doing an informal set the following Saturday at the Three Jewels in Manhattan.

It should be fun and who knows what to expect – it might be inside and groovy, it might be outside and crazy, but fun and interesting nonetheless. If time warrants in the radio spot, check for some new sounds from my new quartet too.

Not one, but TWO tubas on a live radio spot in NYC, how cool is that?!

If you are in range, be sure to tune in.

--------------------

On the quartet note, in the not-so-far-off future, I will be doing a tour of universities with my acid-jazz/funk/jazzish quartet (e-tuba, drums, keys and sitar) to present concerts for all, as well as masterclasses dealing with topics such as: basic tuba playing, creative and group improvisation, inter-ensemble communication, tuba and electronics, and how to make a living "outside of the box" including discussions on music business and fitting the tuba into non-conventional applications.
Interested parties can email me anytime for more info – official announcements will come soon.

--------------------

And, the Tuba trio THREE will be doing a recital at CW Post University (Long Island) on Monday, Nov. 10 (more info to come)

Lots more stuff going on too...

Peace

joe

---------------
joe exley, TUBA
NYC
www.tubajoe.com

Follow Ups: