Re: Used Military Tubas??

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Scott C on April 13, 1999 at 10:46:39:

In Reply to: Used Military Tubas?? posted by TubaJohn on April 12, 1999 at 22:01:32:

I am an active duty military guy who happens to know about this particular subject. When any instrument is finished with it's tour of duty, it is turned into the Defense Marketing Reutilization Office (DRMO) for reclamation/salvage/auction. Depending on the condition of the instrument, it may be first offered (not for free) to schools who are in need or even JROTC units who have a use for them (band, bugle corps, etc...). Bear in mind that the majority of instruments turned in have been cannabalized (stripped for parts) to repair the playable horns prior to being turned in to DRMO. Every once in a while you find something that was simply 'excessed' out. However, it does happen occasionally. If you conduct a search for "DRMO" or "DEFENSE MARKETING REUTILIZATION OFFICE" in most search engines, you should find a web address for many of the on-line DRMO sites. Some have instruments listed. Lots of luck.


Follow Ups: