Re: Re: Re: colleges

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Charles D. Ortega on April 17, 1999 at 06:46:42:

In Reply to: Re: Re: colleges posted by Howard on April 16, 1999 at 20:05:59:

Thanks for your comment, and compliment! In answer to your question, I did not intend for it to sound like, "Go for it, abandoning all logic!" I think I did put in there that you should listen to other viewpoints, and also that sometimes the dream changes. I wanted to be only an orchestral tubist, but I have found that quintet, and bands can be just as rewarding, and sometimes even more so. My dream changed. Also, I am trying to get my "changes chops" up and running, because it makes you so much more marketable. I just didn't want anyone telling someone else (like I was told) "Oh forget it, it is too hard and not worth it." Because, it is to me, and to a great many out there as well.
Hope this clarifies.
I don't know if it came across that way or not, but I know it isn't easy out there. Right now, I am NOT playing my horn as my principal bread and butter (still plugging away though!)
We all have to do what we need in order to survive. I have held all types of jobs...from fast food, to a movie place, to office work, to just a plain old Temp agency. I also got to teach some in the Middle School, and High School levels. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I know we have to explore other areas of playing as well. While it may not be "Orchestral" it can still be rewarding.

Thanks for reading!

cdo

Follow Ups: