Re: Dumbest Lip Injuries

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by PJ Felice on April 27, 2001 at 13:41:10:

In Reply to: Dumbest Lip Injuries posted by SD on April 26, 2001 at 21:33:53:

Word for the wise. DO NOT TAKE ACUTANE. I had a serious acne problem a while back and the doctor told me about acutane. He said after being on that for about four months my acne would almost disappear. And yes he did warn me of the side effects, which i completely and idiotically ignored as I was just determined to get rid of my acne. With the acutane came severe depression, tension, and paranoia. A lot of my friends avoided me just because I was so uptight for the first semester of college. However, the worst part was probably the deteriation it did to my lip structure. It was ver hard for me to play, and some notes often came out really fuzzy, if they came out at all. I neglected to practice because of the problem. Finally i just said, its not worth it, and I got off. After dealing with all the effects that come from withdrawl for another month or two, the problem dismissed itself, and better yet, I haven't had a severe acne problem in quite a while. But I don't ever want to go through that pain and suffering again, and I don't want anyone else too. And you better believe I'll listen to everything My doctor tells me from now on and take every fact into consideration.

Follow Ups: