Re: Irresistible Greasy Dives

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Burgers and Seafood on April 08, 2003 at 09:10:30:

In Reply to: Irresistible Greasy Dives posted by Gary Press on April 07, 2003 at 23:34:31:

Best Greasiest and reasonable 1/3 lb burgers- Little drive in chain called Storms, on HWY 281 in Burnet, Lampasas and Hamilton. If you drove by it you wouldn't stop but do if you go down 281. You will not be sorry. These are the classic great greasy burgers and fries and someone who cares how to mix syrup and carbonated water to make great sodas and damn fine root beer. They have great onion rings too and they are huge. Just country folks serving great food.

Everytime I go to San Antonio, I actually take the back roads and add 30 minutes to my driving time just to miss the traffic, drive some gorgeous back roads and eat some great food.

If you like Seafood, in San Antonio, you have to eat at Sea Island, 3 around town, with the original by North Star mall on the SW corner of the mall. Cheap, great, almost all fried and one of the oldest restaurant chains in San Antonio. My first time eating there was 1973 at TMEA and I have eaten there ever since. For ex. $9.95 for 24 medium peel and eat shrimp. And if the lines look long which they always are, dont worry. Stand there and with the lines outside and full you will be sitting at a table in less than 30 minutes and food soon after. One of the best run restaurants you will ever eat at.

Follow Ups: