Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suggested guidelines

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kane on April 30, 2003 at 16:43:00:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suggested guidelines posted by 'fess'r on April 30, 2003 at 11:08:09:

Think of it this way:
Do you have to be an ASE certified mechanic to discuss car engines or tires?
Or better yet, do you need a political science degree to discuss politics?
Absolutely not. Neither do you need to be a polished and well practiced tuba player in order to discuss equipment. Its like a pastime for tubists to banter about equipment. Put more than two of them in a room and they'll start up about their horns and mouthpieces. I practice for four hours everyday, but my buddy who sits in a biology lab all day, cannot. Is he not entitled to post about this stuff? What about all the beginners who need to learn about this stuff?
I guess time spent with scales is time well spent, but don't not pretend you posted for altruistic motives. You started all of this mess for a good laugh and because you know that much of this board is made up of amateurs and part timers. These people play for the love of the game and most likely don't know all 48 major and minor scales or at least don't spend alot of time on them. They have every right to post about any of the things you mentioned, regardless of skill. But that wasn't your concern, was it? You just wanted to see how mant people you could antagonize. You must be very proud.

Follow Ups: