Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suggested guidelines

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by 'fess'r on April 30, 2003 at 21:46:11:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suggested guidelines posted by Kane on April 30, 2003 at 16:43:00:

OK. I've got someone discussing something other than "lacquer vs silver" and/or chunky mouthpieces, but the problem is you're discussing me. That is boring. Trust me.

Why not discuss the MUSIC YOU LIKE TO PLAY and WHY YOU LIKE TO PLAY IT?...or THE MUSIC YOU WOULD LIKE To PLAY and HOW TO OVERCOME OBSTACLES THAT YOU'RE RUNNING INTO WHEN TRYING TO PLAY IT...etc.?

I guess you'll have to excuse my developmental handicaps, but when I was a beginner the last thing on my mind was "sport tubas" or their super-charged accessories. Of course (again) today with so much disposable income, the main part of any discipline (it seems) is the STUFF that one uses in the given discipline - rather than the discipline itself.

Not only are seemingly well over half of the posts about tubas or their physical accessories (yawn), but very few posts are about MUSIC (psst: the reason why there are tubas).

Joe "who knows three or four mechanics at church, and when someone tries to discuss car problems with any one of them, they quickly change the subject or walk over to someone else" S.

Follow Ups: