Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean Chisham on August 15, 2000 at 19:04:49:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Opening in US Army Band, Pershing's Own posted by Chuck Jackson-THANKS SEAN on August 15, 2000 at 15:10:51:

I don't personally see them as "pitfalls". The PT test twice per year is not on my list of favorite parts of the job, but it really is not that big of a deal if you keep at it. Some people only run 4 miles a year and get by fine. I have to run more than that to keep in shape, but I get to choose the time and place for my exercise as long as I meet the tests. The weigh in is probably the more difficult for many to keep up with. Some people are just skinny and do fine though.

Like any job, there are plusses and minusses. For me, there are so few difficulties with this line of work, and soooooooooo many positives, that there really is no second guessing. The DC bands are a world unto themselves in the military. No other Army Band functions like Pershing's Own. No other Marine Band functions like The President's Own and so forth.

If the job sucked, then you would not see the large percentage of people staying in those positions for 20+ years. They would get out after 1 or 2 enlistments.

sean

Follow Ups: