In need of a small, cheap BBb...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason June on August 16, 2002 at 14:31:18:

I was wondering if anyone out there had an old BBb tuba they wanted to get rid of. Next summer I'll be playing in a brass band at a family amusement park and I need a tuba to play. I won't be able to buy it until after the first of next year, I wanted to start looking now. I've been keeping an eye on some tubas on e-*ay and even bid on a couple(with no luck). I'm looking to spend no more than $300(at the most) on a horn that plays well and has strap rings on the back(I'm going to use the Meinl-Weston Tuba strap). The look of the horn(dents, finish, ect.) is not too important. I don't want anything that looks like I fished it out of a dumpster, but cosmetic defects aren't a major issue. The number of valves doesn't matter(as long as they work smoothly) and I'd like a smaller type tuba(having to carry and play it on really hot days) but that again is a small, unimportant detail. I just want something to play in the rain and take the occasional dent without too much heart ache. Just send me an e-mail about your horn with an explanation and hopefully some pictures. If you live in PA or one of the surrounding states, I'd be able to pick it up therefore avoiding the hassel of shipping. Thanx!

Follow Ups: