Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: smaller sousa

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LV on August 30, 2002 at 06:39:23:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: smaller sousa posted by Klaus on August 30, 2002 at 04:11:56:

Ah yes, europe. Home of Nazis, fascists, and padantic blow hards. You are crossing lines which are unnecessary here. But since you must... It's easy to sit back and criticize and let others do the work. You live in an area of the world which is well known as perpetuating wellfare states. Some of your neighbors pay in the area of 80 percent tax on what little they do make. The people who came and still come to this country seek a better life and almost all find it. This is the only country in the world where you are in control of your future. You are free. Free to work hard and succeed or be a lazy, leach on society and end up in prison. Personal responsibility is what it's all about. The kind of success available here is impossible elsewhere. In europe, you are what you are. There is little movement between the very clearly defined classes. I think you speak from a very media influenced point of view. You have quoted news paper headlines that are in print to sell newspapers. What a simplistic and easy, armchair way to sit in judgement of others you obviously have little first hand knowledge.

I have lived and worked in western europe and enjoyed it very much. I was very amused by the fact that you have to pay for a licence to own a television set in England. Have you lived in the U.S.? I don't mean visited on a holiday. I mean lived here, worked here and experience what it is like to be an American citizen. Although I don't always agree with the policies of this government, I do believe the way of life afforded here is worth defending.

Enough,

LV

Follow Ups: