Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tastes...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by good info! on August 07, 2003 at 13:44:36:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tastes... posted by Bill Nazzaro on August 07, 2003 at 08:02:58:

Thanks for the link and solid info. I have NOT read all the many posts on this thread, so my apologies if I'm covering old ground.

My question is, if FD is genetic, what playing factors might cause it? It is very easy to speculate that loud playing, etc. can casue FD, but this seems to me to be pure conjecture based on some notable cases. Just because a person plays loud or whatever, then develops FD, does NOT necessarily imply that the one causes the other.

Also, based on the example of the violinist, why wouldn't some brass players develop FD in other parts of the body, as in the case of someone who practices technique in a certain manner. Anybody heard of this sort of thing?

Basically, I just feel like where FD is concerned, what is needed is real medical study and data, rather than speculation and conjecture. I don't say this to discount anyone's personal experiences or opinions, but I really think it's important to ask the elemental question of cause and effect. I think many of the posts are assuming a lot -- it may seem natural to conclude from various accounts that "Lots of loud playing leads to FD" but I am starving for some real meaningful data, rather than anecdotal evidence.

Follow Ups: