Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tone qulity problems from BBb toCC

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by lan on August 27, 2003 at 21:28:52:

In Reply to: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tone qulity problems from BBb toCC posted by David on August 27, 2003 at 19:35:40:

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Bravvvvvvvvvvvvvvo! Both of you have given wonderful suggestions that i DO buy into ! HOwever, I sound Really good on my BBb (a Yamaha 641) and I know the horn I am playing on is not the best. I don't need a CC to make me SOUND better, I need one in order to give me a big broad yet focused dark tone quality ( pretty much like I sound on my BBb but fucused and orchestral). I know you will say "well there are BBb's that will do the same, or YOU are the determining factor in your tone quality" however I say you cant play on a one of those 7foot "Big ass tubas" and achieve the tone quality of a small F. There are also technical disadvantages to BB's as well i.e no fifth valve, some notes can't be played (low register- w/o lipping) and the high register is generally easier and they have the low register as well. I love the tone quality I have now, and all of my teachers have as well, howeverIt could fit my aural and mental picture a bit more. I like the tone quality of the good american orchestral tubists, not so much the soloists. And no matter what you say, you can't throw gene Pokorny a Yamaha 641, and tell him tell make it sound like his YOorkbrunner.

Thoght I might explain myself,
Lan

Follow Ups: