Re: MTV has done it now...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stefan on August 29, 2003 at 15:33:19:

In Reply to: MTV has done it now... posted by Matt G on August 29, 2003 at 07:59:50:

Yes, I saw that too last night and it pissed me off. Not that I care about MTV music awards, but my wife was watching. I searched the MTV web site but could find no e-mail link to send a letter. There was a section where you could comment about "music news", so I sent it to them. They say every piece of mail gets read by a real person and not an intern. I expect absolutely no-one to care, but I sent it anyway. It reads:

"MTV's little "sex meter" commercial is just not funny. In fact, it is pretty irresponsible. Music programs in schools across the USA are dying because of a lack of interest among the general public in music. Considering the demographic that MTV targets in its programing, I think you just convinced many people to quit their band/orchestra program. Some kids already get teased for being a part of their school's music program and the last thing they need is to be teased by a "music" network that they consider cool. By the way, the fact that you use "sex" as the "coolness" factor is not what offends. Just that you are putting music education and kids who play musical instruments in a bad light. Please remove the "advertisement"

Stefan

Follow Ups: