Re: Re: PT-6 1st valve mechanism (rotary)?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kaseem on December 19, 2000 at 04:21:04:

In Reply to: Re: PT-6 1st valve mechanism (rotary)? posted by Dan Jacobs on December 18, 2000 at 20:40:12:

I think you may have misunderstood my intention.

I have owned my own repair shop in the past and am not asking IF it can be done or what it accomplishes. I'm asking what others have had done and by whom. I didn't ask for advice. I'm sorry, but I can't avoid telling you I think your response to my request is foolish, unless you can enlighten me how your note is helpful concerning what I asked for. Telling me what I need to consider assumes I haven't considered it; you really don't know what I've considered. I know this may start flames, but no one participating on this bb should ever assume others here are necessarily amateurs/students. Also, plenty of student/amateurs have had experiences helpful to all of us.

If you've had this work done, please tell me your own details about where you put the mechanism, what kind of mechanism has been put on and who performed the work. I don't think, given the way the PT-6 is set up - I did say "rotary" - it's necessarily a "small job any good repairman can do" or I wouldn't have asked. I don't think my note implied asking if such a mechanism was a good idea and what the ability to adjust slides accomplishes. I must respond this way to avoid other responses assuming I don't know this.

Follow Ups: