Why not record Arban's?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ TubeNet BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Bill on December 22, 2002 at 12:32:51:

I know there are a few small pieces of Arban's Complete Method recorded--some pieces by trumpet and a few by tuba. Would it not be a pedagogically good and profitable idea for a professional tuba player to record most of it from intermediate or advanced level onward?
Encore publishing could sell it with their tuba version of the method. I would think that it would increase the sales of the method.

Secondly, although Prescott wrote a lesson plan for it, and although the current version has some comments about the exercises, the method lacks much verbal explanation. My original band teacher did not explain anything--he just said "make a big bround sound" and when I made a mistake he hit my fingers. If there were a supplementary book with a lesson program and further explanations about embouchure, tonguing, breathing, phrasing, etc. at exercises on the wide range of skill levels, then the method could be used with a teacher or independently and it could replace many other more elementary methods as well.

Bill.

Follow Ups: